TVLine on Season 2 Debut; Variety Quotes George Takei on WW2 Terror
This week, TVLine reports that Season 2 will premiere on Aug. 12, while Variety quotes George Takei on his reasons for joining The Terror. Plus, Variety announces the ATX Television Festival will include a panel for the show. Read on for more:
• TVLine reports that The Terror's Season 2, titled The Terror: Infamy, will debut on Monday, Aug. 12 at at 9/8c.
• Variety quotes George Takei, a Season 2 actor and consultant, who recalled his incarceration in a World War II-era internment camp, saying, "I’m the last generation that experienced the internment, and it’s my mission in life to make sure that chapter in history is not forgotten."
• Variety reports that the ATX Television Festival in June will feature a panel for The Terror: Infamy that will include Alexander Woo and George Takei and "offer a behind-the-scenes look at the production process."
• TV Guide reminds viewers that Season 2 will "be set during World War II, as a bizarre series of deaths in a Japanese-American community lead one man on a journey to confront the malevolent force responsible for it all."
• Screen Rant spotlights a look at the first-released Season 2 photos, which have "revealed a proper sneak peek at the cast in their period costumes, along with the show's historical scenery."
• IndieWire observes that "the photos highlight how the series, in telling a different story, looks to continue the first season’s commitment to craft," noting the show's "specific costumes and a recreation of the conditions faced by this community."
• As reported by Decider, Co-Creator Alexander Woo discusses asking George Takei to be the show's consultant, explaining, "I very much hoped George would be part of the show, but it’s a very painful experience. It’s not a given that everyone would want to dive into something as painful as this is."
Get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.