Vulture Admires Halt's Confidence; USA Today on Halt and '80s Resurgence
This week,Vulture admires the drama's confidence, while USA Today writes about Halt and Catch Fire and other shows set in the 1980s. Plus, Anna Chlumsky is interviewed by the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Read on for more:
• Vulture says Season 4 "has officially shifted into the early 1990s, exploring the days when the internet was still being invented and, in the process, cementing its place as one of the most confident shows on television."
• Discussing the proliferation of '80s TV shows, USA Today cites Halt and Catch Fire, "which opened its first season in 1983 focusing on the PC business in Texas," as an example.
• Anna Chlumsky tells the Atlanta Journal Constitution that her character, Katie, is "really California. She takes life by the horn. It’s very Janeane Garofalo, flowers, chunky boots and eyeliner."
• The Atlantic contends that Halt and Catch Fire has "told the best, most definitive account of the birth of the computer age, the rise of the internet, and Silicon Valley’s never-ending cycle of creative booms and busts—and it’s done so without losing its grasp on the people in the eye of the storm."
• Christopher C. Rogers teases to Entertainment Weekly, "Haley has a lot of time with Joe, who, I think, recognizes similarities between the two of them that go beyond what Gordon is maybe immediately able to spot."
• Anna Chlumsky talks to TV Insider about her Halt and Catch Fire character, saying, "When things start to get uncomfortable, she doesn’t necessarily stick around. I think we’ll discover how that affects her as the story continues."
• Chris Cantwell tells LAist that Season 4 is about the main characters being "the closest to the mark. Where they are within weeks and months of big things happening and trying to ride that wave."
Watch Season 4, Episode 3 (No Login Required) on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Halt and Catch Fire news, sign up for the Halt and Catch Fire Members Only Club.