TheWrap Chats With Bob Odenkirk; Vince Gilligan Teases Season 2
This week, TheWrap chats with Bob Odenkirk, while Vince Gilligan teases Season 2. Plus, Downton Abbey's executive producer reveals himself to be a fan of Better Call Saul. Read on for more:
• Speaking with TheWrap about playing Jimmy/Saul, Bob Odenkirk says that "the opportunity to play a character at multiple levels, to have the richness of his history, to have a multi-faceted inner life, and one so well drawn and so detailed as this, is crazy opportunity."
• Vince Gilligan teases to Moviefone that Season 2 "continues to be Jimmy's journey for Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman. What to say about it? We have found Jimmy is just as interesting to us in the writers' room as Saul ever was."
• Downton Abbey's executive producer tells Variety his new obsession is Better Call Saul: "Vince Gilligan’s a master of the seamless blend of drama and comedy — and, by the way, how did a writer get to be such a great director?"
• Deadline talks to Vince Gilligan, Bob Odenkirk and Peter Gould, who says that Better Call Saul is "something that opens up all sorts of new possibilities for us, but it also puts the onus on us to have the world of Jimmy McGill make sense to fans of Breaking Bad, too."
• GoldDerby interviews Julie Ann Emery, who says, "I kind of jumped off a cliff with Betsy, and there's no one better to jump off a cliff across from than Bob Odenkirk. It was great having him sit across from me and having Vince Gilligan at the monitor."
• The Los Angeles Times talks to Vince Gilligan about shows vying for Emmys: "When you're in the middle of these seasons, you're flying by the seat of your pants, hoping everything works out. When it does, that's the victory. Awards are the icing on the cake."
• Entertainment Weekly has the trailer for Boulevard, a movie starring Robin Williams and featuring Bob Odenkirk that opens July 10.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Better Call Saul news, join the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.