USA Today Recommends Terror; TheWrap Debuts Season 2 Trailer
This week, USA Today recommends watching The Terror, while TheWrap debuts the first Season 2 trailer. Plus, Collider is impressed by the new trailer. Read on for more:
• USA Today advises Chernobyl viewers that "if you're looking for a series to switch to next, we suggest AMC's historical horror anthology series, The Terror."
• TheWrap debuts the first trailer for The Terror: Infamy, noting that AMC "did find a way to make the second season of the Ridley Scott-produced anthology series even more horrifying than the first."
• Collider.com declares that the new trailer is "dripping with real-world commentary, and it’s kind of shocking to see how these real-life events feel so… present. Frustratingly so. But not to worry, the supernatural horror element still runs deep."
• IndieWire concurs, saying the trailer proves "that we need look no further than our own past to find true terror."
• In a tongue-in-cheek take on Season 2, Slate says it will be "fascinating to explore the one time in our long national history that we turned the racism dial a little too far, and reassuring to think about how different things are today."
• JOE enthuses, "We've had this as one of the shows to watch in the second part of 2019 and after watching the first trailer, our excitement levels have only increased."
• Bell of Lost Souls comments, "As in the first season, [Ridley] Scott has chosen to set his story of horror into a historical and bleak context where you can’t be quite sure what’s real, and what’s superstition gone out of control. I’m looking forward to watching."
• Tom's Guide is eager for The Terror: Infamy: "George Takei, enough said. Yes, the Star Trek alum will star in and consult on the second season of this gripping, historical horror-anthology series. If the trailer is any indication, this sophomore effort will be deeply unsettling..."
Get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.