Florence Pugh Talks Charlie With Reuters; Variety Hails Drummer
This week, Florence Pugh talks about her character, Charlie, with Reuters, while Variety, and others, hail The Little Drummer Girl. Plus, /Film spotlights a new trailer for the show. Read on for more:
• Florence Pugh tells Reuters that Charlie is "someone so opinionated, so loud, so sure of herself. I loved the fact that my character wasn’t necessarily from that (spy) world … us as the audience, we watch her like we are her."
• Variety praises The Little Drummer Girl as "pretty damn fabulous" and calls the production "a star-sealing vehicle for Florence Pugh, the electric 22-year-old Brit."
• Gold Derby describes Florence Pugh's performance as "full of verve with a certain boisterousness that was refreshing to watch" and calls Michael Shannon "the star of the show" (his "accent, his mannerisms, the hunger in the characters eyes, it’s all brilliant").
• The Hollywood Reporter considers The Little Drummer Girl one of 10 series "embracing a woke new era in international programming.
• Interviewed by Hey U Guys, John le Carré commends Park Chan-wook as "a director of considerable depth and a very think-y director and a director of very beautiful images."
• Charles Dance discusses Park Chan-wook with The Telegraph, saying, "Having a director from a totally different culture is a great idea and the fact that he doesn’t speak English is not a hindrance at all. He has a wonderful eye."
• Speaking with Metro, Alexander Skarsgård says it's the job of his character, Becker, "to impersonate the other side and give them a voice. That’s going to seep into his soul in a way that he’s going to believe in it as well, feeling their pain. It’s so intricate and layered and fun to explore."
• AFP notes that The Little Drummer Girl was the only TV show to earn a slot at the London Film Festival, "and its inclusion is seen as a further sign of the format's growing status within the world of cinema."
• The Mirror runs down who viewers can "expect to see in the new series."
The Little Drummer Girl premieres Monday, November 19 9/8c. For more on all the latest The Little Drummer Girl news, sign up for the Insiders Club.