LA Times Lauds Pip Torrens; TVLine's Dominic Cooper Season-End Tease
This week, the Los Angeles Times loves Pip Torrens on Preacher, while TVLine gets a season-ending tease from Dominic Cooper. Plus, The Washington Post is a fan of the show. Read on for more:
• The Los Angeles Times compliments Pip Torrens' performance on Preacher: "Much of Starr’s over-the-top antics are played for dark laughs — like the series — but he’s a magnetic presence as the second season of this oddball show goes on."
• Dominic Cooper hints to TVLine, "Something is revealed at the end [of the season] that is so dramatically important that it reveals… the reason behind everything."
• The Washington Post applauds Preacher, where "episodes deftly weave in backstory even while barreling forward."
• Metro proclaims, "In a series that explores violence, religion and the supernatural in equal turns, Tulip is always at the center, bringing the sass and kicking all the ass."
• Mic calls Preacher "an often scathing satire of America — on class, capitalism and, of course, religion."
• The Portland (Ore.) Mercury declares "the best thing about Preacher is that for an hour each week you get to hang out with [Ruth] Negga and [Joseph] Gilgun, both of whom are so charming and delightful that it kind of doesn’t matter what’s going on around them."
• Geek.com compliments Preacher because it "handled the Saint of Killers plot in a satisfying, semi-permanent way."
• For recaps and reviews of Season 2, Episode 7, "Pig," check out A.V. Club, Den of Geek, IGN, Uproxx and Vulture.
Watch the latest episode on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about Preacher, sign up for the Preacher Insiders Club.