GQ Spotlights James Norton; Deadline on McMafia's Political Impact
This week, GQ spotlights James Norton, while Deadline speaks to McMafia's political impact. Plus, Quartzy points out the statement the show makes about America. Read on for more:
• GQ spotlights James Norton and calls McMafia "a brutal look at organized crime."
• According to Deadline, James Watkins says, "What’s very interesting is the show has been very close to home in the UK and they’re talking about a new mafia law in terms of seizing illicit assets in the UK, in terms of going after some of those criminals that are hiding and parking assets in housing."
• Quartzy, fascinated by the show's choice to focus on the mafia in Britain, points out that McMafia "imagines a world in which the US is not only not missed—it’s not even needed."
• Variety reports that BBC Studios has sold McMafia to a Russian free-to-air TV network, "despite objections from Russian authorities to the series when it aired in Britain."
• In its review of Episode 7, Den of Geek declares, "Semiyon Kleiman is a slimy, treacherous bastard. David Strathairn is amazing. I like the actor, and hate the character."
• For recaps and reviews of Season 1, Episode 7, check out The Guardian, HuffPost, RadioTimes and The Telegraph.
Watch Season 1, Episode 7 on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
The McMafia Season Finale airs Monday at 11/10c on AMC. To stay up-to-date with all the latest news, sign up for the McMafia Insiders Club.