NY Times Advises Streaming Lodge; EW Compares Sopranos to Lodge
This week, The New York Times advises streaming Lodge 49, while Entertainment Weekly compares The Sopranos and Lodge 49. Plus, Decider explains why it's so impressed by the show. Read on for more:
• The New York Times suggests streaming Lodge 49, which "follows the misadventures of a down-and-out surfer, Dud (Wyatt Russell), who, moneyless, jobless and unapologetically aimless, somehow winds up finding purpose in a fraternal lodge that is home to eccentric Californians like himself."
• Entertainment Weekly points out that the later years of The Sopranos is "the stuff that fits in most clearly with surreal contemporary shows like Atlanta and Lodge 49."
• Decider urges viewers to stream Season 1 on Hulu, describing the series as "a deft mix of intricate mystery and ambling leisure comedy. Stories centering around the crumbling middle class and day-to-day hardships of the gig economy are breezily intertwined with spiritual questions about fate and destiny."
• The Seattle Times spotlights Lodge 49, now streaming on Hulu: "The Dude abides, sort of, in a surf-bum burnout named Dud (Wyatt Russell) who finds his tribe in Lodge 49, the offbeat comedy series from AMC."
• Supernatural's Robbie Thompson tells Nerds and Beyond he's enjoying Lodge 49, which has "something about it. It’s one of those ones where you’re probably gonna have to watch all ten hours to really make an assessment of it, but he’s [Wyatt Russell] terrific in it. I like stuff with a lot of weirdness."
To stay up to date on all the latest Lodge 49 news, join the AMC Insiders Club.