EW Reports Season 9 Renewal; ComicBook Sheds Light on Carl's Bite
This week, Entertainment Weekly reports on The Walking Dead's Season 9 renewal and new showrunner, while ComicBook.com sheds light on Carl's bite. Plus, Norman Reedus tells EW he wants to stay on the show until the very end. Read on for more:
• Entertainment Weekly reports that The Walking Dead has been renewed for a Season 9 and that Angela Kang is the new showrunner, with Scott Gimple becoming Chief Content Officer of The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead and "future brand extensions."
• According to ComicBook.com, Skybound has this to say about Carl's bite: "To settle this once and for all – no, this is not a bite from a Whisperer, a dog, or anything other than a walker. Carl will suffer the same fate as everyone else who has been bitten by a walker in this show."
• "I could do this until it ended. There’s part of me that really wants to bookend the show. I started the show and I want to end the show," Norman Reedus tells Entertainment Weekly.
• David Madden, the newly-appointed president of original programming for AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios, characterizes The Walking Dead as a "prestige popcorn" show that relies upon "deep relationships and big emotional themes," Variety says.
• "Negan had a very special relationship with Carl. I think he's going to be really sad when he finds out," says Chandler Riggs, reports ComicBook.com.
Watch the first half of Season 8 on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert.