Deadline on Terror Season 2 Naming Director, Casting Lead Actor
This week, Deadline reports that Season 2 has a director for Episode 1 and a lead actor. Plus, The Terror Season 1 won an award, according to TBI Vision. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports that Josef Kubota Wladyka will direct Season 2's first episode, with Co-Creator Alexander Woo noting, "Not only is he a proven talent in both features and television, but his Japanese-American background gives him a personal connection to the material as well."
• Derek Mio will star in Season 2, playing Chester Nakayama, the son of Japanese-born immigrants who has dreams of leaving his insular Japanese-American community and joining the army, according to Deadline.
• TBI Vision reports that Season 1 of The Terror won a Content Innovation Award for Series Launch of the Year at an event that "brought together 200 of the biggest names in TV content and technology to celebrate the savviest innovators in the industry."
• Collider.com observes that if Season 2 "can live up to to the heights reached by Season 1, we’re in for more exceptional TV next year."
• /Film enthuses that Season 1 was "fantastic – a gorgeously filmed, frequently scary exploration of man against the elements. Blending history with fiction, and grafting on a story of the supernatural, the show proved how excellent horror television can be when it’s in the right hands. I have high hopes for season 2."
• Citing AMC's "excellent" The Terror, Forbes notes there's a rebirth in the cosmic horror subgenre.
Get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.