Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks Win Critics' Choice Awards
This week, Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks are honored with Critics' Choice TV Awards, while The Orange County Register advises binge-watching Better Call Saul. Plus, Jonathan Banks chats with GoldDerby about "Five-O." Read on for more:
• Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks won Critics’ Choice Television Awards for best actor and supporting actor in a drama series respectively, as reported by The Washington Post, Good Morning America, Digital Spy, Variety, RTÉ.ie and Fansided.
• The Orange County Register recommends binge-watching Better Call Saul this summer: "The sequel to Breaking Bad exceeded all expectations. Billed as a comedy, it adds plenty of drama and emotional texture."
• Jonathan Banks talks to GoldDerby about "Five-O," how "when they write for you like that, they write a love letter for you and your job -- my job -- is to do justice to it. Not push it, make it true as I know how, take my almost 50 years of experience and do the best I know how."
• Rhea Seehorn tells Elle, "Bob Odenkirk's confrontation with Michael McKean about the betrayal–I keep crying every damn time I watch that."
• Variety reports that Bob Odenkirk and other prominent comedians helped raise money for The Alliance for Children’s Rights.
• The Hollywood Reporter believes Jonathan Banks will follow up his Critics' Choice win with at least an Emmy nomination and thinks Bob Odenkirk is also likely to get an Emmy nod ("but the category is very hard to predict").
• In the same vein, CarterMatt asserts that Better Call Saul and Bob Odenkirk should get Emmy nominations, calling the series a "tremendous prequel-of-sorts to Breaking Bad that somehow managed to meet many of the expectations that we had going in."
• Bradley Whitford tells Esquire he'd like to have a drink with Saul, while Sam Elliott wants to have a drink with Mike. Also, Jonathan Banks chooses Jackie Gleason and Rhea Seehorn selects Maude (played by Bea Arthur in the show of the same name).
• Fansided spotlights Thomas Schnauz's tweet that shooting for Season 2 will start in a month.
• Deadline reports that Virgil Films has picked up the U.S. rights to I Am Chris Farley, a documentary about the comedian that features an interview with Bob Odenkirk.
• Fansided unearths a clip of Bob Odenkirk's turn as a "concert nerd" in Wayne's World 2 (1993).
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Better Call Saul news, join the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.