Bob Odenkirk Talks Up Season 5 to Deadline; THR Interviews Rhea Seehorn
This week, Bob Odenkirk talks up Season 5 to Deadline, while The Hollywood Reporter interviews Rhea Seehorn. Plus, IndieWire explains why Odenkirk deserves an Emmy. Read on for more:
• Bob Odenkirk tells Deadline that Season 5 is "the best season we’ve ever done, it’s going to blow your mind, and I’m not kidding about either of those things. It’s f*cking awesome. I can’t wait for people to see it. It’s just shattering in every direction, and I love it."
• Rhea Seehorn, interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter, says Season 4 was "really challenging — in the way that I hoped the craft of acting was going to be when I very first started. It makes me dig deep."
• IndieWire hails Bob Odenkirk's performance because he "plays – has played for a decade – every note in one man’s tragic narrative with pathos, but never pity."
• Speaking with KCRW, Michael McKean says Chuck was "trying to vacuum remove his brother from his life. But I mean that was only a symptom of everything else. What he was really trying to do was just get rid of his life in an odd way, which he did."
• Teasing Season 5, Bob Odenkirk explains to Gold Derby that it "goes places you can’t f***ing believe and visually is stunning. It’s what they did with Breaking Bad. They build, they build, they build, they build and then things start falling and once they start falling apart, it just gets bigger and louder and crazier and more explosive."
• Bob Odenkirk explains to IndieWire that "all anybody is, is the character they’re playing — who they are in that moment. And Better Call Saul’s writers have written such a complicated guy that I don’t feel cornered by a lot of limitations."
• Awards Daily interviews Thomas Golubic, the show's music supervisor, and he says that Jimmy was "actually quite innocent, sweet, good-natured, and well-meaning. Ambitious, but in a way of a sort of former slacker is. Trying to get ahead, but also looking to do short cuts. So, the music was very different for him than it would have been for Saul."
To stay up-to-date with all the latest news, sign up for the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.