AMC and Survios Announce The Walking Dead Onslaught VR Game Release Date With New Gameplay Trailer
AMC and Survios Inc. and AMC revealed today in a brand-new gameplay trailer that their upcoming virtual reality action game, The Walking Dead Onslaught, will release September 29, 2020 on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and Steam VR. The Walking Dead Onslaught’s PlayStation 4 version will be fully compatible on the next-gen PlayStation 5. The VR game release is just days before the much-anticipated Season 10 Special Event of The Walking Dead, premiering Sunday, October 4th on AMC. Following the game’s digital launch, there will also be PlayStation VR physical editions from Perp Games available on October 13 in North America and October 2 in Europe.
The Walking Dead Onslaught is set shortly after the Savior War in an Alexandria devastated by the fighting and struggling over its ideals. Players will step into the shoes of Daryl Dixon for an intense campaign mode, as he recounts a fateful encounter with a mysterious stranger. The game’s infinitely replayable Scavenger Mode allows players to embark on supply runs as Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carol, where they’ll encounter overwhelming hordes of walkers and collect resources to rebuild their community, upgrade and modify iconic weapons from the show, and unlock new quests.
Watch the Trailer:
There’s no rest when survival is on the line. Players will fight as Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carol to prepare for an onslaught of walker-slaying mayhem with the following features:
- Ultimate Combat Freedom: Test the boundaries of VR combat physicality to shoot, sever, and decapitate walker hordes in ranged and close-quarter encounters. Experience the visceral Progressive Dismemberment system that realistically depicts your every attack against the undead.
- Campaign Story: Play as Daryl Dixon through an original campaign story about a supply run gone awry and an ensuing encounter with a watchful stranger in a mysterious town.
- Alexandria Safe Zone: Watch the transformation of Alexandria as the settlement is rebuilt into a fortress of hope. Spend resources wisely to create structures for unique stat boosts, essential upgrades, and more.
- Fast-Action Survival: Every trip beyond the walls of Alexandria means a chance to collect valuable weapons, food, materials, and other resources for the community. But beware: each supply run provides unpredictable walker encounters, resource availability, and obstacles to test your sense of flight or fight.
- +24 Realistic Weapons: Discover a robust arsenal of 24 weapons with realistic handling and a variety of modifications to fine-tune and suit your combat style.
Survios also announced Deluxe and Survivor Editions for The Walking Dead Onslaught, as well as pre-order bonuses:
- Deluxe Edition: Includes Iconic Show Weapons Pack: Lucille, Rick’s Mace, The Red Machete and Tyreese’s Hammer, Alexandria Crafting Starter Kit, The Walking Dead Onslaught Mini-Soundtrack and Art Book, and **PSN Theme and **Avatar pack. **Available only with PlayStation Store purchases.
- Survivor Edition: Includes the Deluxe Edition digital content, an exclusive SteelBook®, and 1 of 5 Collectable Postcards.
- Pre-Order Bonuses: Offers exclusive Sheriff Rick and Hunter Daryl character skins, Gold Katana and Gold Knuckle Knife weapon skins, and a presales discount with participating platforms.
For exclusive content from the TWD Universe, trailers, cast interviews, and more, sign up for The Walking Dead newsletter.