This week, Variety reports that Zachary Quinto has been cast as the lead in NOS4A2, while Deadline has more casting news. Plus, The Hollywood Reporter notes that Quinto is returning to TV full-time for the first time in three years. Read on for more:
• Variety reports that NOS4A2 has cast Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings in the show’s lead roles and will air in 2019, with the first two episodes to be directed by Emmy nominated Kari Skogland.
• Deadline reports that Karen Pittman has been cast in a recurring role, playing a character named Angela Brewster.
• NOS4A2 marks Zachary Quinto’s first return to TV as a series regular since 2015’s The Slap (and he was nominated for an Emmy in 2013 for his work on American Horror Story), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
• Screen Rant remarks, “AMC has assembled an intriguing pair of leads for NOS4A2. Horror of course is one of the network’s specialties…It will be interesting to see if NOS4A2 proves to be another successful horror series for AMC.”
• CBR, reporting on Zachary Quinto joining NOS4A2 as “a supernatural serial killer,” observes that Quinto “has long had a soft spot for small-screen villainy, having played a psychopathic supervillain, a psychiatrist with a murderous alter ego, and a professional child slapper (don’t ask).”
For more information about NOS4A2 and other AMC originals, sign up for the AMC Weekly.Read More