Want to return to the post-apocalyptic future where Mel Gibson lives? This weekend, you can do just that when the entire Mad Max trilogy airs on AMC starting at 1:30PM/12:30c on Sat., Jan. 12. And that’s just the beginning. Check out four ways to re-engage with the end of the world as seen from Down Under:
1. Mad Max Ultimate Fan Games
Mel Gibson has only 16 lines of dialogue in the second movie. Guess which line he says twice. Too easy? Here’s a tougher one: Which actor was handcuffed on the Mad Max set as a prank?
– Mad Max Ultimate Fan Game
– Mad Max 2: Road Warrior Ultimate Fan Game
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome Ultimate Fan Game
Mad Max Trilogy Ultimate Fan Game
2. Mad Max Movies Ranking List
Which Mad Max movie is your favorite? The one that made Mel Gibson a star or the one that made Tina Turner a scifi icon? Vote now!
3. Story Notes for the Mad Max Movies
Mel Gibson was only 21 years old when he shot the first Mad Max. He’s also for responsible for the look he had in the sequel as he took scissors to his hair and clothes himself. Want more fun facts?
– Read Story Notes for Mad Max
– Read Story Notes for Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
– Read Story Notes for Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
4. Mad Max Fashion Photos
With its feather headpieces and chain-mail shoulder pads, Mad Max fashions are always worthy of a second look.
View the Mad Max Fashion Gallery.