- Fearfest Central
- AMC Fearfest Awards 2010Polls for the Palme d’Gore, Queen of the Scream Queens, the Bleeding Man, and more.
- On-Air ScheduleOver 60 movies — from 28 Days Later… to The Wolf Man — running from Oct. 18 to 31.
- B-movies OnlineFive new zombie movies — one with Vincent Price — plus nineteen other horror B-movies.
- Killer Conversations Video
Video interviews with The Walking Dead‘s Frank Darabont, horror icon Wes Craven, and others.
- New Blood Video Interviews with horror’s up-and-comers such as James Wan (Saw) and Derek Mears (Friday the 13th).
- Two Swedes Sweding
Comedic shorts by two crazy horror fans reenacting Halloween, Friday the 13th, and eight other iconic fright flicks.
- The Walking Dead
AMC’s new original series premieres on Sun., Oct. 31, at 10PM | 9C.
Five days and two dozen movies into AMC Fearfest, you’ve certainly got enough information to start asking yourself one simple question: what’s the best flick in Fearfest 2010? Your answer is important because you’re part of the ever-growing jury for the Palme d’Gore — an award given to the greatest scary movie in the fest. Weighing in on this question is part of your job as a viewer. (Fun job, no?)
The field is filled with iconic nominees. James Cameron’s nightmarish Aliens (which brilliantly blurs the line between horror and sci-fi), Stanley Kubrick’s Shining (which made one man’s descent into hell a bit of high art), and Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later… (which pretty much redefined the zombie flick).
No less deserving of attention are Friday the 13th and Halloween, two slasher pics that have legions of fans (i.e., voters). But how will any of these fare against genre hallmarks like Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Wolf Man? Only you can say.Read More