As one of Hollywood’s most prolific stars, John Wayne appeared in movies shot all over the world. He strolled the African savanna in Hatari!, battled the Japanese in the World War II drama Sands of Iwo Jima, and kept his men safe and warm after crash-landing in the frozen wastelands of Labrador in Island in the Sky. But the American West is the Duke’s true home, and following his trail makes for a pretty great road trip. This one starts in Newton, Mississippi with The Horse Soldiers and winds its way north all the way to Seattle, Washington and beyond with North to Alaska. Curious about what comes between?
- John Wayne’s Western Road TripA Western trail through the U.S.A., inspired by The Duke’s movies.
- John Wayne Ultimate Fan QuizTen trivia questions about the Hollywood legend’s career.
- John Wayne Quotes QuizProof that The Duke has more memorable lines than “Howdy, Pardner.”
- John Wayne TournamentAn online battle between The Duke’s most iconic characters.
- John Wayne’s Best MoviesYour chance to decide which Wayne pic deserves top billing.
- Top Ten John Wayne WesternsEver wondered how Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and True Grit stacked up?
- Review: The Quiet ManAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest non-Western movies.
- Review: The SearchersAn in-depth look at one of Wayne’s finest Westerns.
- Review: StagecoachAn in-depth look at one of The Duke’s breakthrough hit.