Some movies are so full of deception and unexpected twists that you can’t shake them after they’re done. They get inside your head and stay there. How would you rank these crafty flicks?
5. Fight Club – The mind games surrounding Fight Club extended outside the movie: Rosie O’Donnell was so disturbed, she gave away the ending on her television show.
4. Basic Instinct – The sex and violence in this Sharon Stone movie was so shocking that director Paul Verhoeven recut it several times to get an R rating.
3. The Truman Show – A movie ahead of its time. While the plot seemed far-fetched in 1998, today’s psychologists encounter people who actually think they are stars of their own reality shows.
2. The Manchurian Candidate – In this Cold War thriller starring Frank Sinatra, the Soviets brainwash a U.S. soldier into becoming a Communist assassin. A false rumor has the movie inspiring the JFK assassination.
1. The Silence of the Lambs – To play Hannibal Lecter, one of cinema’s most maniacal manipulators, Anthony Hopkins channeled the scariest person he knew: his childhood dentist.Read More