Some of the most memorable movie characters come in pairs. Onscreen, as in life, these friends will be friends to the bitter end — or at least until the credits roll. Tonight, we count down the top five buddy movies.
5. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle – The titular pair embark on a comically inept fast-food quest through New Jersey, after they’re hit with a hankering for White Castle burgers.
4. 48 Hrs. – A cop (Nick Nolte) and a convict (Eddie Murphy) team up to track down a serial cop-killer. Let the personality clashes begin.
3. Thelma & Louise – Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis received Oscar nominations for their roles as fugitive friends running from the cops — and from trapped lives.
2. Good Will Hunting – Longtime friends Ben Affleck and Matt Damon poured their hearts and personal experiences into this screenplay about a genius janitor and his best friend.
1. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid – Butch (Paul Newman) and Sundance (Robert Redford) made their famous leap together, and the actors who played them skyrocketed to movie immortality.Read More