Nearly one week after the Oscar nominations were announced, three of the top categories have established a clear frontrunner among AMC voters in our Oscar polls. (It’s not the Academy but your opinions count too.) Avatar currently has 35% of the votes for Best Picture, while Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart) has 36% for Best Actor and Meryl Streep (Julie & Julia) leads with a whopping 58% for Best Actress.
The battle is more heated in the Best Director category where James Cameron (Avatar) may have 41% but Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) and Quentin Tarantino (Inglourious Basterds) are not far behind competitively with 26% and 25%, respectively.
Agree? Disagree? Vote now for your favorite, then check back next week for the update!
- Academy Awards PollsYour chance to vote for your favorites
- Analysis of the NomineesAn examination of this year’s contenders
- Photo Gallery of FrontrunnersSee which movies are up for the most awards
- Countdown to the Red Carpet VideoVideo Q&As with this year’s frontrunners
- AMC News Text Q&AsText Q&As with this year’s frontrunners
- Ultimate Fan QuizSee how well you know the Academy Awards
- History of the AwardsA comprehensive look at Oscars past
- Previous UpsetsWho overcame the odds
- Strange NominationsSometimes the Oscars don’t make sense