Several of you told me through Twitter that our updates with the winners were beating most of the other mainstream media outlets. That’s probably because I was watching an internal feed of the show, not the feed that was piped through cable or satellite carriers before it made it onto your TV. Here are some of my favorite AMC News tweets from the evening in chronological order:
- Olivia Wilde was first to mention #Haiti I’ve heard on Globes Red Carpet. @imsalmasekela is wearing a ribbon w Haitian flag colors too.
- Olivia Wilde said she just returned from #Haiti before the earthquake.
- On the way to the Golden Globes. I’m driving. It’s raining. See pic. http://twitpic.com/ykh30
- Just ran into @davekarger from EW as I was walking in. http://twitpic.com/yknkz
- My view of the red carpet from inside the Golden Globes lobby. http://twitpic.com/yknrl
- My beautiful date! http://twitpic.com/ykohx
- Lots of laughs at Ricky G’s open at AMC party in lobby of Globes so far.
- In this room watching this screen: Aaron Staton, @richsommer and @robertalanmorse. And me. http://twitpic.com/yl0xt
- We’re watching the internal Globes feed at AMC party. At 10 seconds til show they ask for applause.
- The Golden Globes bathroom line during the commercial break is like at a sporting event during an intermission.
- YES! RT: @AMCnews holy s***. that came before announcement was made on TV for me….voodoo? (via @TheLoneOlive)
- Best series drama: Mad Men! And the crowd goes wild in here!
At the moment Mad Men won, I pulled out my iPhone and shot this video. Take a look:Read More