• Brittany Murphy, known for her roles in Clueless and Girl, Interrupted, among other films, died at the age of 32 from cardiac arrest. The actress was found Sunday morning at the home she shared with her husband. An autopsy is still pending.
• Mike Meyers is reportedly in talks to star in the Marvin the Martian movie. There’s going to be a live-action/CGI Marvin the Martian movie? As Marvin would say, that makes us very, very angry indeed.
• Avatar scored $73 million over the weekend, taking the top spot at the box office. Looks like a snowstorm isn’t enough to keep folks away from blue alien action. spin-off!
• The Clash of the Titans cast and crew are returning for reshoots,
which could possibly include some 3D scenes. 3D isn’t going to cover up
the fact that they’re reshooting the movie in January for a March
release. That’s never a good sign.
• Toy Story 3 will hit IMAX 3-D and regular screens on June 18, 2010. Looks like the toys are back in town…in a few months.
• The Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs directors could be tackling Jonah Hill’s script for the 21 Jump Street movie.
Considering there is no way Johnny Depp is turning up in this, we can
only hope Richard Grieco is available. Fingers crossed for a Booker