• Cameron Diaz will star in Bad Teacher, a comedy about a “foul-mouthed, gold-digging middle school teacher” from director Jake Kasdan (Walk Hard). Well, the gold-digging part kind of makes sense. Have you seen what middle school teachers make these days?
• Pee Wee Herman, er, Paul Reubens confirmed that the Pee Wee’s Playhouse movie is scripted and ready to be filmed. Will Laurence Fishburne return as Cowboy Curtis?
• The latest poster for Tron Legacy has been released. OK, the lightcycles are neat. Now where’s the Master Control Program?
• James Cameron is reportedly developing another scifi movie entitled Doomsday Protocol. The title is also the name of 20th Century Fox’s back-up plan in case Avatar tanks at the box office.
• It’s Complicated, the upcoming Alec Baldwin/Meryl Streep/Steve Martin comedy, has scored an R-rating. The rating is for “some drug content and sexuality.” What, no “fleeting expletives”?
• The YouTube character “Fred” is getting the big screen treatment. In case you aren’t familiar, this is the teenager who speeds up his voice like a chipmunk. That’s definitely going to play well for 90 minutes.
from Hollywood Reporter by By Georg Szalai
Broadcast networks advertising revenue will be up 5% in
2010, or 3% on an underlying basis, CBS Corp. chief research officer David
Poltrack predicted here Wednesday at the UBS Global Media & Communications
Film News: Entertainment dealmaking poised for a comeback —
What a difference a year makes.
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 9 (UPI) — The Broadcast Film
Critics Association says it has tapped U.S. actress and entertainer Kristin
Chenoweth to serve as host of its awards ceremony next month.
Do you really have to launch a personal campaign to win an Oscar
nomination these days?
from /Film by email@example.com (slashfilm.com)
Weekly is reporting that “James Cameron is developing a Shane
Salerno-scripted sci-fi action script for Fox, described as an ‘event’ film set
in the future.” No other details are available, but most people think the
project might be Doomsday Protocol, a film which was announced last
from Paste Magazine
Fans of Paul Thomas Anderson and Philip Seymour Hoffman
alike can rejoice.
from indieWIRE News
After four consecutive weekends of exceeding pretty much all
expectations, “Precious: Based on the novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” finally had
something of a rough go this past weekend.
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 … by By ERIC TALMADGE
TOKYO (AP) — Actor Johnny Depp highly recommends his latest
movie – though he said he hadn’t personally gone out to see it yet….
from Entertainment Weekly’s News Briefs by Jeff Labrecque
The third film in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight vampire series,
Eclipse, will also be released in IMAX theaters when it premieres June 30,
The Jeff Bridges drama initially had trouble drawing
interest and the studio has had a bumpy road of late, but Hollywood’s new
embrace of the country music film points to a promising union.
NEW YORK, Dec. 9 (UPI) — ABC News’s chief Washington
correspondent George Stephanopoulos has been hired to replace Diane Sawyer as
co-anchor of “Good Morning America.”
from Hollywood Reporter by By James Hibberd
ABC has ordered a new reality show from Endemol that serves
up potential dates on a conveyor belt.
from Idolator: Music News, Reviews, And Gossip by Robbie Daw
Susan Boyle managed to fend off Andrea Bocelli’s My Christmas to retain the #1 position on the Billboard Top 200
Albums chart this week, the trade publication reports.
from Paste Magazine
Fleet Foxes are prepping a new album for a 2010 release, and
if you were head-over-heels about the stuff they put out last year, then you
very well might be disappointed with what’s to come.
from The Wrap RSS by Dylan Stableford
Nicolas Cage’s baby mama has sued the “Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New
Orleans” star for “mental, physical and emotional abuse” after he threw her out
of her house.