• Universal is developing two new comedy projects for Confessions of a Shopaholic star Isla Fisher. It’s all part of Hollywood’s plan to make moviegoers stop mistaking her for Amy Adams.
• Gary Ross (Big) is set to write and possibly direct Venom, a comic book movie spinoff based on one of the villains from Spider-Man 3. Perhaps he’ll face off against a heroic wish-granting Zoltan machine.
• Marlon Wayans will replace Eddie Murphy as the lead in the Richard Pryor biopic. To anyone who doubts Wayans’ dramatic chops, I direct you to Requiem for a Dream. For anyone who doubts his comedic chops, I have no argument whatsoever.
• The fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is apparently based on a 1987 pirate novel of the same name.
This isn’t all that surprising. The big shock is that it took them four
movies to run out of story ideas for a franchise based on an amusement
• The first trailer for Me and Orson Welles,
starring Zac Efron as an actor who meets the titular movie legend, has
been released. It’s nice that Efron is trying to branch out and all,
but asking his fanbase to care about Orson Welles is akin to asking
them to go ten minutes without texting.
• Photos of Hilary Swank in Amelia, the Amelia Earhart biopic, have surfaced. No one commits to a bad period haircut quite like Swank.Read More