• Zombieland is looking to take the top spot at the box office this weekend. Turns out Woody Harrelson shooting zombies is a license to print money.
• The first trailer for The Tooth Fairy, starring The Rock, has been unleashed on the world. I’m not surprised The Rock would do this. Ashley Judd and Julie Andrews on the other hand…
• Michael Bay confirmed that the third Transformers movie will hit theaters in 2011. That should give Bay plenty of time to come up with all new culturally insensitive robots.
• Fox has acquired the rights to the video game Spore for a big-screen adaptation. Yes, the video game where you create an entire universe of organisms is going to be condensed into a two-hour movie. Godspeed to whatever poor screenwriter draws this assignment.
• Richard Jenkins, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Chloe Moretz have joined the cast of Let the Right One In, a remake of the creepy Swedish vampire movie. Didn’t that movie just creep out arthouses? Nice turnaround time, remake-happy Hollywood execs.
• Quentin Tarantino confirmed that Kill Bill 3 is happening. But, you know, sadly without Bill.
• The latest trailer for Alvin and The Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel has surfaced. Why are they in high school? Why do the filmmakers bother hiring big name actors to voice the Chipmunks when they’re just going to speed up their voices anyway? Why are the Chipettes singing and dancing to Beyonce? You know what? I give up. This movie can’t come out soon enough.
Surrogates tops Wednesday's box office with $0.9 million
John Cusack and Amanda Peet star in Roland Emmerich's new epic adventure about a global catastrophe that brings an end to the world. Plus, listen to the theories behind the apocalyptic prediction of "2012."
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 ... by By SANDY COHEN
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "Toy Story" has always been a 3-D film, even if moviegoers never saw it that way....
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 ... by By ALICIA QUARLES
TORONTO (AP) -- Oprah Winfrey was so taken by Sapphire's novel "Push" that she read it more than once....
from Entertainment Weekly's News Briefs by Nicole Sperling
Speaking on an Italian talk show Parla Con Me, Quentin Tarantino confirms his plans to make a Kill Bill 3.
from Entertainment Weekly's News Briefs by Adam Markovitz
Jamie Foxx is set to reteam with his Soloist co-star Robert Downey Jr. in the comedy Due Date, directed by Todd Phillips (The Hangover), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - She grew up a child star in a famous Hollywood family, and Drew Barrymore has gone from acclaimed actress to movie producer and now director of her first feature film, "Whip It."
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- As America works its way through one of the most intense and contentious political periods in its history, Showtime Networks will premiere the new feature-length documentary, POLIWOOD, an in-depth and provocative look into the often convergent worlds for entertainment and politics directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Barry Levinson. The 90-minute documentary will premiere on SHOWTIME Monday, November 2nd at 7:30 PM ET/PT.
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 ... by By FRAZIER MOORE
NEW YORK (AP) -- TLC network has shut down filming of the children on "Jon & Kate Plus 8" after receiving a cease-and-desist order from their father, Jon Gosselin.
from Entertainment Weekly's Hollywood Insider by Tanner Stransky
The second Wednesday night of the official TV season saw the debut of two more ABC comedies -- the Kelsey Grammer-led Hank at 8 p.m. and the Patricia Heaton-starring The Middle at 8:30 p.m. And you know what? Both won their time slots.
from Entertainment Weekly's News Briefs by Mike Bruno
James Franco is doing a story arc on the ABC soap opera General Hospital, a network spokewoman confirms.
from Entertainment Weekly's News Briefs by Wendy Mitchell
Variety reports that Bravo is developing three new shows around its breakout reality stars Bethenny Frankel (The Real Housewives of New York City), Christian Siriano (Project Runway) and Fabio Viviani (Top Chef).
ABC and CBS are discouraging their stars from appearing on
the new prime-time talk show to keep it from undercutting their costly dramas. NBC
says it's not concerned.
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1 (UPI) -- The Black Eyed Peas's "I Gotta Feeling" is No. 1 on the U.S. record chart for a 14th consecutive week, Billboard.com reported Thursday.
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1 (UPI) -- A Los Angeles Coroner's report released Thursday says superstar singer Michael Jackson was fairly healthy when he died in June at the age of 50.
from Idolator: Music News, Reviews, And Gossip by Maura
Holy crap, turns out the rumors about the Kanye West / Lady GaGa arena tour being off were true; Live Nation has announced that the tour's been canceled, and that refunds will be issued.
from The Music Mix by Simon Vozick-Levinson
There's a certain magic in the night whenever Bruce Springsteen plays in his home state of New Jersey, but his concert with the E Street Band yesterday was bound to be extra special.
"Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi is pregnant with her first child, her publicist confirmed to CNN on Thursday.Read More