• David Schwimmer is stepping into the director’s chair for Trust, a dark drama starring Clive Owen and Catherine Keener. Don’t expect Marcel the monkey to cameo.
• Paramount has angered distributors by releasing G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard on DVD less than three months after their theatrical openings. Isn’t Paramount basically admitting these two are actually direct-to-DVD movies in disguise?
• The first trailer for Mel Gibson’s Edge of Darkness has arrived. It’s Gibson back in action mode, as a detective trying to find out who KILLED HIS DAUGHTER!
• The poster for Me and Orson Welles has debuted, and is one of the worst cases of “Photoshop disaster” in a long while. Seriously, there is no way Zac Efron’s head is actually attached to his neck in that poster.
• Penelope Cruz and Liza Minnelli have filmed scenes for the Sex and the City sequel. Hopefully Liza will be playing herself, and not like Sarah Jessica Parker’s crazy grandmother or something.
• Jon Favreau told MTV that he will not be directing the Avengers movie, and that Edward Norton will not be in Iron Man 2. Nerd…rage…building! Nerd smash!
L.A.’s The Bridge is on the block, though the bulk of the
theaters that National is selling are primarily in the Midwest and south of New
Couples Retreat tops Tuesday’s box office with $2.6 million
Screenwriter quoted saying Polanski “can make his
wishes known” from Swiss cell.
from /Film by firstname.lastname@example.org (slashfilm.com)
Speculation has swirled about whether or not Jon Favreau would direct The
Avengers for Marvel after he finishes Iron Man 2. Now we know
the answer: he will not.
How’s this for a pairing: Gus Van Sant and Bret Easton Ellis
are teaming to write a screenplay based on Vanity Fair‘s 2008 article The
He returns from a break in his career to make what he feels
is his most accomplished film, ‘Law Abiding Citizen.’
After many weeks of Internet speculation, Dallas pilot Jake
Pavelka will be the new Bachelor. ABC made the announcement on the Tuesday night
live results show of Dancing With the Stars.
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 14 (UPI) — Michael Buble’s “Crazy
Love” is No. 1 on the U.S. album chart this week, Billboard.com reported
from The Hollywood Reporter – Music by By Silvio Pietroluongo,
Britney Spears becomes the first artist in over three years
to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, to be released Oct. 15, as
“3” opens at the pinnacle of the chart.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Court records show Avril Lavigne has
filed for divorce from her musician husband after three years of marriage.
Lavigne filed for divorce from Sum 41 singer Deryck Jason Whibley on Friday in Los
LONDON (AP) — A young man punched singer Leona Lewis in the
head as she signed autographs and posed for photographs at a book signing
session in central London on Wednesday, her spokesman said….
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 … by By PATRICK CONDON
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Adam Young had never seen the ocean with
his own eyes, but that didn’t stop him from writing and recording an album
called “Ocean Eyes.”…
from AP Top Entertainment News At 11:05 … by By CRISTIAN
NEW YORK (AP) — “Captain” Lou Albano,
who became one of the most recognized professional wrestlers of the 1980s after
appearing in Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” music
video, died Wednesday. He was 76.