Adapting a book to the screen is always problematic. For the beloved Harry Potter series, the problem is arguably eightfold as die-hard fans scream at screenwriters with each new release. Despite their protestations, the latest version of J.K. Rowling’s magical world, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, hits theaters this week. But which do you prefer? Harry Potter, the book, Harry Potter, the movie?
- Opening Night VideoRed carpet interviews with Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson
- Movie TrailerA sneak peek of the latest installment
- SciFi Scanner ReviewElegantly faithful to Rowling’s moody novel
- AMC Filmcritic ReviewA leisurely stroll between romance and action
- Harry Potter Ultimate Fan QuizAn online quiz of Hogwarts trivia
- Spellbinding Photo QuizWho’s casting the spells in the Potter movies?
- Interview With Tom FeltonThe inside scoop on Draco Malfoy
- Franchise OverviewFilm historian Tim Dirks details the series
- The Harry Potter DietCalorie counting vs. the Sorcerer’s Stone
- The REAL Invisibility CloakHarry Potter’s disguise is almost a reality