Greetings from lower Manhattan where yesterday morning I went to the opening press conference of the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival. There are 85 films screening, dozens of premieres and lots and lots of filmmaking. I got my press credentials and am ready to roll.
I got a chance to lob a question to festival cofounder Robert De Niro and then hung out one-on-one afterwards with his Tribeca partner Jane Rosenthal. See the video for that.
Also at the presser were festival juror Uma Thurman and director Spike Lee, whose joint Kobe: Doin’ Work — a documentary shot with 30 cameras at one Lakers game — is premiering here. I’ve seen it twice and it’s epic.
Larry David, Woody Allen, Cheryl Hines, and many many more stars will be here over the next twelve days and a bunch will be talking with me and AMC News for our primetime special debuting May 1.
For the most up to date news, info and photos from the fest, follow me on Twitter here.
- Festival TicketsYour online box office for screenings, industry panels and other festival events
- Movie TrailersGet a sneak peek at what films are screening at this year’s festival
- Photo GalleryMovie stills of this year’s lineup from Whatever Works to The Girlfriend Experience
- Video InterviewsAMC News Correspondent Jacob Soboroff gets up close with the stars
- Woody Allen PollHere’s a chance to show your support of the director’s most underrated movies