• The Mirage Group is bringing back the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a live action outing in 2011. The announcement comes as part of the 25th anniversary “shell-ebration.” Puns like that are what’s kept the brand fresh for over two decades.
• Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger hinted that he may actually be in Terminator Salvation. It might actually be him, might be a CGI replica. Really though, would the performance be any different?
• David Slade (30 Days of Night) is definitely set to direct Eclipse, the third outing in the Twilight saga.
• Rooney Mara will play perpetually screaming teen Nancy in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Now how about a Johnny Depp cameo?
• James Marsden will star in a remake of Sam Peckinpah’s Straw Dogs.
The story will be transplanted from England to the Deep South, and lose
pretty much everything that made it gritty and thought-provoking.
• Frank Miller is shopping Sin City around to studios
now that the Weinstein Company has lost the rights. Boy, the Weinsteins
will sure be kicking themselves when and if the movie ever gets made.
• Cameron Diaz is in talks to star in the legal drama Bobbie Sue. No, it’s not an adaptation of the Oak Ridge Boys hit.Read More