• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released on July 15, two days earlier than previously expected. Mark it on your calendars — with magic!
• Author/screenwriter Michael Chabon is revising Disney’s John Carter of Mars for director Andrew Stanton (Wall-E).
• Kristen Bell will star in the wedding comedy You Again for director Andy Fickman (Race to Witch Mountain).
• With the economy still in the doldrums, Hollywood is trying to come up with the best possible recession fare. How about a biopic about the first bum to wear a barrel instead of pants?
• Puff Daddy, Rose Byrne, and Mad Men‘s Elisabeth Moss have joined the cast of Get Him to the Greek, the Forgetting Sarah Marshall spin-off starring Russell Brand. God forbid Sarah Marshall would get a spin-off. Her name is in the title, people.
• Author Bret Easton Ellis wants Robert Downey Jr. to return for a Less Than Zero sequel. Eh. Now The Pick-Up Artist, that’s a Downey Jr. vehicle that deserves a second go-round.
• Tales of Twilight-related violence
have flooded the Interwebs. Basically, you better pretend to like it if
you don’t want to be doused with acid by a crazed fan. In a related
story, OMG EDWARD + BELLA!