• Sofia Coppola will set her next film, Somewhere, at the famed Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. The pic, which stars Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning, follows a “bad boy” actor who gets an unexpected visit from his 11-year-old daughter. Good to see Coppola is breaking out of her comfort zone.
• YouTube has signed a deal with Sony, MGM, Lionsgate and several other studios to stream feature films and television shows for free online. A good move, though until the studios start offering clips of cats playing synthesizers they shouldn’t expect too many views.
• Green Lantern will start shooting in Australia this summer despite not yet having a cast in place.
• The new trailer for My Sister’s Keeper features Cameron Diaz shaving her head. Sadly, Diaz plays a cancer patient in the tearjerker drama and not Britney Spears.
• Sacha Baron Cohen’s Bruno will be rated R after previously receiving an NC-17 from the ratings board.
• A movie theater in St. Charles is encouraging patrons to text comments that appear onscreen during screenings.
The technology is called MuVChat and should be stopped immediately.
Seriously, this is the worst thing to happen to movies since that Kid
Rock National Guard recruitment ad.
• Matthew McConaughey is developing the comedy Exchange Students, about two college freshman who have wildly divergent experiences.
• The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been released.
• The co-writer of Pooh’s Heffalump Movie will pen the Wanted sequel. Which is good news for anyone who ever wondered what Eeyore would look like packing heat.Read More