Sure, Slumdog Millionaire keeps taking home award after award, has major Oscar bounce and is heavily favored to win Best Picture Sunday night according to futures markets. But the real drama remains around whether Kate Winslet — a six-time nominee — will finally take home a statuette. Our readers think yes: In the AMC poll, Winslet, a nominee for The Reader, is dominating the Best Actress category with nearly 50% of the vote, commanding a larger lead than Slumdog in any of its nominated categories. Good luck, Kate.
Who do you think deserves to take home an Oscar?
- The WinnersFind out who walked away with the Oscar
- Analysis of the NomineesA closer look at who’s up for an Oscar
- History of the AwardsA comprehensive look at Oscars past
- Oscars Poll 2008Your chance to weigh in on the nominees
- Previous UpsetsWho overcame the odds
- Strange NominationsSometimes the Oscars don’t make sense
- The Ultimate Fan QuizSee how well you know the Academy Awards
- Unfortunate LosersWho should’ve won that didn’t?
- Video InterviewsGetting up close with the stars