There are just two weeks to go before Hugh Jackman kicks off the Academy Awards with a little song and dance number (come on, you know he will), but there’s still plenty of time to cast your vote here. Having recently scored wins at the BAFTA and WGA awards, Slumdog Millionaire still looks to be the Best Picture frontrunner, and 41% of AMCtv.com voters agree it’s the movie to beat.
The real battle is brewing between Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler), Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Sean Penn (Milk) for Best Actor. Though Penn was once the frontrunner, Rourke’s wins at the BAFTAs, Globes, and various year-end critics prizes make him the current favorite, with Pitt on his tail. Slumdog, Rourke… this truly is the year of Oscar underdogs. Who do you think will take home Oscar gold?
- The WinnersFind out who walked away with the Oscar
- Analysis of the NomineesA closer look at who’s up for an Oscar
- History of the AwardsA comprehensive look at Oscars past
- Oscars Poll 2008Your chance to weigh in on the nominees
- Previous UpsetsWho overcame the odds
- Strange NominationsSometimes the Oscars don’t make sense
- The Ultimate Fan QuizSee how well you know the Academy Awards
- Unfortunate LosersWho should’ve won that didn’t?
- Video InterviewsGetting up close with the stars