• Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig will be joining the cast of Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson’s star-studded Tintin adaptation. Steven Moffat (Doctor Who) and Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) have also signed on as screenwriters for the 3D motion-capture film, now titled (deep breath) The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn.
• Mickey Rourke is planning to wrestle against “Rowdy” Roddy Piper in Wrestlemania XXV in Houston. This, coupled with his recent rant against pal and competitor Sean Penn, proves the old crazy Rourke is still kicking.
• One day after their annual awards show, SAG members have ousted Doug Allen, their executive director and chief contract negotiator in the tense labor talks. An official statement from SAG on the matter can be found here.
• Hilary Duff will star in the indie feature The Story of Bonnie and Clyde. From Faye Dunaway to… Hilary Duff?
• Stan Lee Media is suing Marvel Comics and its namesake
over rights to several major comic book characters. How Lee can be sued
by a company that bears his name is one of those “only in Hollywood”
• The next Batman film could be out as early as 2011
according to producer Michael Uslan. As for that rumor about David
Chase taking over for Christopher Nolan? Seems fishy, but not as crazy
as Eddie Murphy as The Riddler.
• Wesley Snipes will lip-sync to James Brown hits in Spike Lee’s biopic of the late singer’s life.Read More