1. SciFi novelist and Scanner columnist John Scalzi explains why the movie version of your favorite SciFi book will always stink. Note he didn’t say anything about his favorites…
2. Speaking of adaptations, Nick Nadel pitches the unsung heroes of comic books sorely in need of Hollywood adaptation. It’s only a matter of time, Nick. Only a matter of time.
3. Comic writer and screenwriter J. Michael Straczynski tells The Scanner about the solid he did the Wachowski brothers for their upcoming film, Ninja Assassin.
4. I is for I, Robot in this week’s ABC’s of SciFi, and shockingly, it has nothing to do with Will Smith. For further details, see Number 1 above.
5. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, despite the carpings of archaeology nerds who claim such myths are ridiculous — what else is new? — climbs to the top of this week’s SciFi Power Ranking.
SciFi Dept. Video: Kevin Maher takes a tip from John Carpenter’s plants subliminal messages in this week’s video designed to convince you to elect him President in 2008.Read More