The Ultimate Clint Eastwood Fan: Cheryl D.
Hometown: Eau Claire, WI
The first Clint Eastwood movie Cheryl ever saw was The Gauntlet. She was in seventh grade at the time, and too young for an R-rated movie, but her cousins snuck her in. “I was hooked,” she says. For her part, Escape From Alcatraz is the tops and though she admits he’s directed some wonderful films, “I’ve always preferred to see him acting. He has a low-key on-screen personality that really makes you sit up and pay attention.” Cheryl also believes that there’s always something to learn in an Eastwood movie: “He can teach us patience, perseverance, and the ability to overcome obstacles in any situation.”
Ultimate Clint Eastwood Fan Quiz Answers:
1. What is the companion film to Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)?
2. What was Eastwood’s feature debut as a director?
3. In Million Dollar Baby (2004), what equipment is Maggie training on when Dunn finally agrees to work with her?
A speed bag
4. How much is the bounty on Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)?
5. What is Kuribayashi’s last request in Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)?
To be buried where no one will find him
6. Which two films received the most Academy Awards of the dozens Eastwood directed?
Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby (each received four)
7. In which film did Eastwood first utter the words “Make my day”?
8. What was Wolfgang Petersen best known for when Eastwood tapped him for In the Line of Fire (1993)?
9. What makes the investigative team in Magnum Force (1973) suspect that J.J. Wilson was killed by a police officer?
He has his wallet and a $100 bill out OR discovering that all the killings were committed with a .357 Magnum
10. Which Eastwood film was adapted from a book by the author of Gone, Baby, Gone and A Drink Before the War?
11. Which Eastwood film shares a title with a Dwight Yoakam hit song?
12. Who designed the iconic title sequences for the Dollars trilogy?
Iginio (or Eugenio) Lardani
13. In which two films does Eastwood’s character die?
The Beguiled, Honkytonk Man
14. What does Saigo see that symbolizes the fate of the Japanese army in Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)?
The setting sun
15. Which prominent film critic famously called Dirty Harry (1971) “a deeply immoral movie”?
Pauline KaelRead More