You don’t have to be his “number one fan” to take our ultimate fan quiz (so put down that sledgehammer, Kathy Bates). But you’d do have to know some serious trivia if you want to win the AMC Hollywood Icons Nicholson Pack of DVDs. The prize will go to the first person to correctly answer all 15 of these questions. (If two people post all the right answers at the same time, there will be a tie-breaker.) In addition, the winner will be profiled and crowned the Ultimate Stephen King fan in an upcoming blog entry.
The quiz will run from Friday, April 18 to Friday, April 25 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly afterward. (Make sure we have your correct name and email in your profile so we can contact you to deliver your prize.)
You know what happens when it’s all work and no play.
1. The characters played by James Caan, Jack Nicholson, Timothy Hutton, and Johnny Depp all have the same career. What is it?
2. Whose pinup poster does Andy Dufrense first put on his wall in The Shawshank Redemption ?
3. What film features the taunting phrase, “Chow down Wide Load”?
4. In The Mist , which characters do Mrs. Carmody demand as a human sacrifice?
5. What 1992 film bore Stephen King’s name, despite multiple lawsuits against New Line to have it removed?
6. What room number is little Danny Torrance told to avoid at all costs in The Shining ?
7. In Christine , how many miles are on the odometer when the possessed car is destroyed?
8. Which novella from Different Seasons is the only one in the collection that hasn’t been adapted to film?
9. Harry Dean Stanton has appeared in Christine and The Green Mile , but his role in Alien forced him to pass on another King adaptation. What was it?
10. “REDRUM” was written in red on a wall in The Shining. But it also reappeared in a made-for-TV movie. Name it.
11. In Dolores Claiborne , a murder occurs during what major meteorological event?
12. Which King movie has the most sequels?
13. What is the tongue-twister that Bill Denbrough uses to overcome his stutter in IT?
14. Two books written under King’s pseudonym, Richard Bachman, have been adapted into films. What are they?
15. Which film inspired a hit song by the Ramones?Read More