1. Monsterfest columnist and horror novelist Scott Sigler gives parents a lesson in disciplining their unruly children — even the ones born from Satan.
2. Nick Nadel reviews director Nelson McCormick’s remake of Prom Night, which he says will leave you wondering two things: Where’s my requisite T&A, and which of these filmmakers needs to go back to school?
3. Monsterfest columnist Stacie Ponder discovers how to successfully adapt horror comics for the big screen. Hint: As long as Dr. Wesley Snipes is involved, it’ll probably scare the bejeezus out of you.
4. Worst director in the world Uwe Boll off-handedly remarked that if 1,000,000 detractors signed a petition he would stop making movies.The series of tubes were clogged that day, my friend.
5. Who loves horror? Zombie authority Helen Matthews, who likes to pop in Pumpkinhead while she grades her students’ papers. Confused by the proliferation of margin comments like “need brains,” said students just assume they need to study harder.
Monsterfest Talk Forum: The Talk forum this week is wondering whether horror films can successfully be remade. Despite my assertions that for the most part they cannot, Monsterfesters aren’t yet ready to throw in the towel. Said dizzy, “How about Log onto the Monsterfest Talk forum to join in this conversation, or to start a Horror topic of your own!Read More