1. The first confirmed picture of J.J. Abrams’ new-but-old Starship Enterprise for his Star Trek remake was released. It is said that the collective Trekkie gasp could be heard from the International Space Station.
2. USA Today took a peek at the new X-Files movie, and leaked that the long-running conspiracy plot would be dumped in favor of a more self-contained story.
3. There are some people who watch SciFi, and there are others who drive it. Check out some utterly pimptastic rides that boldly go where most men wouldn’t dare.
4. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles premiered with mixed reactions. But by the second episode we were hooked by Summer Glau’s sexy protector vibe, and John Connor’s angst-ridden rebelliousness.
5. Charlize Theron signed on to co-star in the adaptation of Cormac McCarty’s Pulitzer-prize winning novel The Road, which chronicles a father and son’s struggle to survive after a global apocalypse.
SciFi Dept. Video: Kevin Maher wondered what Hollywood could possibly have against Manhattan as he took a tour of the city’s most disaster-movie-abused landmarks, reliving those cinematic moments.Read More