“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” — Gone With the Wind (1939)
“I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.” — On the Waterfront (1954)
“I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.” — The Godfather (1972)
“I love the smell of napalm in the morning,” — Apocalypse Now (1979)
“‘Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.” — Forrest Gump (1994)
The best quotes often come from the best movies. Which ones are your favorite one-liners and pithy retorts? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Greatest Films, Greatest QuotesA major compilation of memorable movie quotes (with audio clips) from major movies.
- Common Movie Misquotes“Me Tarzan, you Jane.” Nope. “You dirty rat!” Wrong again. Find out what the real quote is.
- Great Opening LinesThe very first words often define the movie. Here are some that did so memorably.
- Great Last LinesThe last thing you hear can make or break a film. Don’t believe us? Here’s proof!
- Supervillain ThreatsHalf of a bad guy’s appeal is the way he verbally taunts the good guy.
- ’80s Movie Quotes QuizThe rad decade has plenty of catchphrases and quips. Bueller? Bueller?
- Hilarious Quotes in the Movies QuizSometimes the funniest lines are the inappropriate ones. But who said what?
- The Mafia Movie Quotes QuizSometimes words cut as well as guns in The Godfather, Donnie Brasco, and Carlito’s Way.
- Your Favorite Movie QuoteWant to share your favorite movie quote of all time? Now’s your chance!