This week, The Hollywood Reporter spotlights a trailer for the newest series in the world of The Walking Dead, while ComicBook.com has Scott Gimple discussing the show’s main characters. Plus, Deadline and io9 talk about fan reaction to the trailer and its tone. Read on for more:
• The Hollywood Reporter spotlights the new series trailer, which further expands the scope of the show and “shows off the vast cast of characters.”
• ComicBook.com reports on Scott Gimple explaining the main characters are “kids that grew up in a place of safety. They’ve grown up in the apocalypse. They’ve been aware of walkers but they haven’t really been interacting with them. They’ve been behind walls. That makes any journey that they made need to make incredibly dangerous.”
• Deadline says fan reaction to the trailer was “thunderous as 1,000-plus fans got their first glimpse of the show’s young ensemble and a sense of the show’s quest-driven story,” while io9 notes the “tone is unlike anything we’ve seen from a Walking Dead series, with a YA drama vibe that gives the zombie apocalypse a strangely hopeful tinge to it.”
• The Hollywood Reporter debuts new photos that are “the best look yet at the third scripted drama set within the Walking Dead universe.”
• According to ComicBook.com, Scott Gimple says the three circles on the helicopter represent three different, but entwined, civilizations and the setting of the new series is “one of those places,” adding the new series is “very much on its own” but “there are points where there is a little bit of crossover” with the wider The Walking Dead Universe.
• Deadline reports that the series will air on Amazon Prime Video in Europe, excluding Spain and Portugal, the Middle East and Africa, while it will air on AMC Networks International in Spain and Portugal and Latin America.
The series will premiere on AMC in Spring 2020.
For trailers and more details from the newest series in the world of The Walking Dead, sign up for the AMC Weekly email.Read More