This week, Angela Kang teases Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Carol (Melissa McBride)‘s Season 10 story to TVLine, while Entertainment Weekly discusses the flashbacks in the new season with the showrunner. Plus, ComicBook.com on Daryl vs. Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). Read on for more:
• Angela Kang teases to TVLine that Daryl and Carol “have a very big storyline together” in Season 10 and that viewers will “see a lot of the Whisperers conflict through the eyes of these two as they are at times on parallel tracks, at times on divergent tracks.”
• Angela Kang tells Entertainment Weekly that Season 10 will include some flashbacks: “One of the things we were kind of dealing with in the season has to do with illusion and people’s fears and what’s real, what’s not, the weight of the past on people. So, we’ll definitely see some windows into the past that kind of shed light on the present.”
• Asked by Entertainment Weekly about a potential Michonne (Danai Gurira)/Ezekiel (Khary Payton) romance, Angela Kang replies, “I feel like there’s not much I can say about it without spoiling some major story points. I’ll just say that these are emotional times for our characters and things happen and the story will take an interesting turn.”
• TVLine learns from Angela Kang that “a lot of us felt there was some really interesting chemistry” where Daryl and Connie (Lauren Ridloff) are concerned and that she’s asked Norman Reedus, “What does a relationship for Daryl look like? Is he capable of it? Where is his heart?”
• Digital Spy notes that seven actors have been promoted to series regulars: Cailey Fleming (Judith), Cassady McClincy (Lydia), Lauren Ridloff, Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Nadia Hilker (Magna), Ryan Hurst (Beta) and Cooper Andrews (Jerry).
• ComicBook.com checks out a new Season 10 photo of Daryl and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) “coming face-to-face when the ex-Savior leader, still serving a lengthy jail sentence within the walls of Alexandria, is temporarily released from his cell to perform chores.”
• Undead Walking posts a new photo of Aaron (Ross Marquand), who’s “sporting a new mace-like weapon attached to the end of his severed arm. Despite losing his arm early in Season 9, it seems Aaron is ready to get back out on the battlefield.”
• ComicBook.com spotlights new character bios for Season 10’s cast, “previewing new paths for Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Negan, Judith and many others.”
• ComicBook.com proclaims, “Amid shrinking ranks and mounting tensions stirred by the threatening presence of Samantha Morton’s Alpha and her Whisperers, it’s time for The Walking Dead to unleash Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan against the walker skin-wearing killers.”
The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9/8c on AMC.
Unlock more with AMC Premiere: Stream new episodes 48 hours early, ad-free. Plus get access to the cast table read. Learn more at amcpremiere.com.