This week, Scott Gimple warns Entertainment Weekly of an action-heavy Season 8, while CBR.com and EW mark the show’s 100th episode. Plus, Yahoo TV checks out the Season 7 Blu-ray box set with a limited edition walker bust. Read on for more:
• Speaking to Entertainment Weekly about the start of Season 8, Scott Gimple warns, “I had us embrace a really action-heavy story for several episodes in a row.”
• CBR.com notes the 100th episode is being celebrated with new artwork that “displays two sides of the popular series: the show’s humble beginning with Rick as Sheriff, juxtaposed with the incredibly different place he’s found himself at now.”
• Entertainment Weekly reports that the show’s cast, marking the upcoming 100th episode, thanked the fans in a video compilation that “kicks off with a message recorded by [Norman] Reedus and [Melissa] McBride that will surely tickle Caryl shippers.”
• Yahoo TV reports that a limited edition bust of Winslow the Walker — “including the spikes emerging from his bloody, metal-encased head, and spikes in his chest” — will be available with the Season 7 Blu-ray box set.
• According to MassLive, Robert Kirkman calls Season 8 “a more fast-paced season, a more action-packed season, really focusing on momentum, and we feel like over the first seven seasons we kind of set all of the characters into place, and now it’s time to break them to a certain extent.”
• Entertainment Weekly checks out The Walking Dead: The Official Cookbook and Survival Guide, calling it “the perfect prelude to Season 8 of the AMC hit, and a surefire way to help you cater the ultimate premiere party.”
• Discussing Daryl’s guilt surrounding Glenn’s death, Robert Kirkman says, “That will be a plot point for Daryl at some point in the next season. It’s something that will be addressed,” ComicBook.com reports.
• Entertainment Tonight interviews Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha), who says, “I’ve been calling my time on Walking Dead my sort of post-graduate degree. I learned so much about being on a show that has such a massive reach.”
• Greg Nicotero tells Emmys.com, “We always bite off a lot on the show. As an effects artist and a director, I have to make sure the audience gets something spectacular.”
• Teasing Season 8 to ComicBook.com, Pollyanna McIntosh (Jadis) says it’s “gonna be chock full of surprises. It’s gonna be chock full of action. They still have that wonderful nuance of morality and character that they do so well.”
• Screen Rant reports that Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken will air a parody of the show, with Writer Breckin Meyer saying, “It’s similar to what we do with Star Wars, which is lampooning and doing parody, but it’s also done with this giant love for it.”
• “Robert Kirkman’s writing has masterfully crafted some of the largest evolutions and heroics from female characters within the series,” writes ComicBook.com, which looks at the show’s five toughest women.
• Robert Kirkman shuts down talk of Clementine (of the Telltale games) ever appearing on the TV show, saying, “It would be cool to see Clementine show up and high-five Carl, but you’re just gonna have to write some fan-fiction, I’m sorry,” ComicBook.com reports.
Catch up on Full Episodes of The Walking Dead on amc.com and AMC apps for mobile, Fire TV, XBox One, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert.Read More