This week, The Orange County Register has high praise for The Walking Dead and Melissa McBride, while Robert Kirkman joins the Transformers writers’ room. Plus, Kirkman speaks with Entertainment Weekly about callbacks to The Walking Dead in the upcoming companion show. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports that Robert Kirkman has joined the writers’ room for the Transformers spin-off and sequel.
• The Orange County Register considers The Walking Dead one of the five best dramas on TV and applauds Melissa McBride, who “takes the many sides of Carol and integrates them into the show’s most compelling character.”
• Robert Kirkman shares with Entertainment Weekly that Fear the Walking Dead will “harken back a little bit to the early days of the first season of The Walking Dead. But there’s also going to be some nuance, and some cool things added in that will give this show a very unique look.”
• Moviepilot points out that The Walking Dead has “truly fantastic female parts from the evolved Carol, to the tough Maggie and authoritative Deanna. With Michonne, Beth, Tara, Rosita, there is no deficit of good female characters.”
• On CBS Sports Radio 920‘s “The Wendy’s Big Show,” Michael Rooker says he enjoyed Merle’s arc because “there’s always change going on and you’re thinking one thing about him and then one episode I do something to make you go, ‘Oh wait a minute, he’s not that bad’ and it went along for the entire run and it was awesome.”
• Moviepilot praises Andrew Lincoln as one of the five best TV comic book series actors because he’s “electrifying, as well as terrifying in his portrayal of the zombie killer.”
• Moviepilot also deems Danai Gurira (“the best actor/actress on The Walking Dead“) and Melissa McBride (her “dramatic acting ability is near unmatched”) two of the top five TV comic book series actresses.
• CarterMatt wants Steven Yeun to host Saturday Night Live, remarking, “We’ve seen over the years that Yeun is extremely funny and quick on his feet, and feels like the perfect choice among the cast.”
• Tyler James Williams tells International Business Times about the fear of dying on The Walking Dead: “Everybody’s paranoid from like May till November. It just drives absolutely everyone crazy the entire season about whether their character will be killed off.”
• Cinema Blend ranks the 10 characters from The Walking Dead “we miss the most.”
• Cleveland.com reports that special comic editions of The Walking Dead will be available in time for the TV show’s October return.
• Fansided points out what it’s “learned from watching five seasons of The Walking Dead.”
• According to Entertainment Weekly, next month’s Lower East Side Film Festival in NY will open with Life in Color, a movie starring Josh McDermitt.
• Ann Mahoney shares with The Huffington Post that she regrets worrying about her weight so much, especially because Olivia is supposed to be slightly overweight and if “I had achieved my goals of getting ‘skinny’ I wouldn’t be playing this role — and it has turned out to be a real game-changer for me.”
To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.Read More