This week, The Walking Dead is honored with two Golden Reel Award nominations, while Zap2it heralds an upcoming cast appearance on Conan O’Brien’s talk show. Plus, Jon Bernthal would like to reappear on the show, in a flashback. Read on for more:
• According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Walking Dead received two Golden Reel Award nominations from the Motion Picture Sound Editors for best sound editing in two categories: dialogue and ADR and sound effects and Foley.
• Jon Bernthal tells Digital Spy that he’s open to returning to The Walking Dead in a flashback. And, speaking with Den of Geek, Bernthal calls Shane “the character that first became a real product of that world, of the apocalypse and a true survivor of the apocalypse.”
• After watching the new Mid-Season Premiere trailer, the New York Daily News observes that “those who died horribly in the mid-season finale may have been the lucky ones.” The trailer “revels in some zombie-slicing mayhem,” according to HitFix.
• One of the films at Sundance that’s highlighted by the Los Angeles Times is I Origins, which includes Steven Yeun in its cast. First Showing’s review calls the movie “a breathtaking, chilling, beautiful film.”
• Check out a Latin American promo for The Walking Dead at Wetpaint, which says “you really get a feel for the ‘bleak’ atmosphere Robert Kirkman mentioned for the start of the second half.”
• Dread Central features a new Mid-Season Premiere photo that depicts Carl “on a very bad road.”
• Wetpaint reports that viewers can relive all of The Walking Dead’s episodes to date during AMC’s marathon, starting Feb. 2.
• To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.Read More