This week, Andrew Lincoln talks to TVLine, while TheWrap discusses the likelihood of an Emmy nod for The Walking Dead. Plus, the drama is deemed one of the year’s best by The Globe and Mail. Read on for more:
• Andrew Lincoln tells TVLine that he doesn’t think Rick is ready for romance yet, though “I wouldn’t rule it out.”
• TheWrap speculates on the Emmy chances of The Walking Dead, which “provided some of the most gripping, scream-at-your-screen moments of the year.”
• The Globe and Mail considers The Walking Dead — “a model of tightly written, tension-filled drama” — one of the shows that truly mattered in the 2012-13 season.
• The Los Angeles Times says the shock value of Lori’s death was “Through the roof!”
• CarterMatt thinks Andrew Lincoln should win this year’s Critics Choice TV Award for best actor in a drama series because “if you are looking at someone who really upped their game, he did so more than anyone on this list.”
• Bloomberg Businessweek reports that AMC’s counterintuitive decision to schedule an episode of The Walking Dead against the Grammy Awards rewarded the drama with an “impressive” number of viewers.
• Torontoist reports that Robert Kirkman will be a guest next month on George Stroumboulopoulos’ new CNN talk show show.
• To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.Read More