The Hollywood Reporter this week claims that zombies are supplanting vampires in the cultural zeitgeist, while newly-released teaser trailers are whetting the appetites of media outlets like MTV, MovieWeb and Fangoria.
• Referring to The Walking Dead, The Hollywood Reporter asks, “Could zombies be making a run — or, perhaps, a very slow, clumsy walk — at the pop culture crown?”
• Postmedia News also examines the zombie phenomenon, saying The Walking Dead “looks to take zombie fiction into uncharted territory.”
• Fangoria says of another new teaser for The Walking Dead, “As if it wasn’t painful enough waiting for the Frank Darabont directed adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s awesome zombie comic, the teasers just keep coming.”
• Entertainment Weekly includes The Walking Dead in its fall preview, remarking of the story, “Don’t panic, horror fans: This character piece is not short of characters in pieces.” (No Link) The Houston Chronicle and TV Squad also point to the series in their previews.
• Sara Canning of The Vampire Diaries (which films in Atlanta too) tells ChicagoNow she’d like to run into The Walking Dead cast “because I’m a huge geeky Walking Dead fan.”Read More