A first look at the undead creatures from AMC’s The Walking Dead grabbed the attention of publications like Entertainment Weekly and DreadCentral. Meanwhile, The Walking Dead comic author Robert Kirkman discusses the production with New York Magazine.
• Entertainment Weekly highlights The Walking Dead behind-the-scenes video, quipping it promises “pretty much all the nightmare juice I’m going to need for the next few years of therapy.”
• The Walking Dead author Robert Kirkman talks to New York Magazine: “People who like zombie fiction are kind of going to be blown away by this show.”
• DreadCentral.com points to the images of The Walking Dead‘s walkers as proof that, in addition to stellar casting, “the living aren’t the only thing [writer, director and executive producer Frank] Darabont and company are getting right.”
• UGO touts AMC’s animated zombie decay sketch and compliments AMC for “taking a page from previous, successful movie comic book adaptations, like The Dark Knight or Watchmen, and engaging the fans online with early, frequent looks at the property.”
• BigShinyRobot! announces the start of the production: “That’s good news for everybody.”
• Zombie maven George Romero talks to AMCtv.com about The Walking Dead: “I love it. I think it’s the best thing, the best zombie thing out there.”
• For more reactions to this week’s The Walking Dead online releases, check out reviews from New York Magazine, MTV, Zap2it, Blast-O-Rama, ScreenCrave, FilmShaft, TV Overmind, /Film, io9, Joblo, Comic Book Movie and Real TV Addict.Read More