THE WALKING DEAD FAN GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Void Where Prohibited.
1. Sweepstakes Period: AMC's The Walking Dead Fan Getaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 9:00:01 pm Eastern Time ("ET") on 8/30/2015 and ends at 5:59:59 am ET on 9/28/2015 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes Period will consist of four (4) individual Entry Periods (the "Entry Periods"), as detailed in the chart in section 3 below. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, there will be one (1) grand prize random drawing (the "Grand Prize Drawing"), performed from among all eligible entries received throughout all Entry Periods, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their entry and who have access to the internet and AMC Channel prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of AMC Network Entertainment LLC ("Sponsor"), or its respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void everywhere else outside the U.S. or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. How to EnterThroughout the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants must watch the airing(s) of the new episode(s) of Fear the Walking Dead (the "New Episode(s)") on the date(s) that correspond with the correct Entry Period(s) in the chart detailed below (the "Entry Period Chart"), and take note of the code words that will appear on the screen and/or be spoken orally during commercial breaks airing throughout the applicable New Episode (the "Code Words"). Then, during the applicable Entry Period, visit www.amc.com/FanGetawaySweepstakes (the "Promotional Site"), follow the instructions to complete all required information on the registration form, provide the correct applicable Entry Period's Code Words (two (2) words), and submit the online entry form (hereinafter an "entry"). Incomplete entries and entries that do not contain the correct Code Words will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) entry, per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Therefore, one (1) person can earn up to four (4) entries in the Grand Prize Drawing. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries
ENTRY PERIOD CHART
|Entry Period Number||New Episode Date||Entry Period Date(s)/Time(s)|
|#1||8/30/15||9:00:01 pm ET on 8/30/15 - 5:59:59 am ET on 8/31/15|
|#2||9/13/15||9:00:01 pm ET on 9/13/15 - 5:59:59 am ET on 9/14/15|
|#3||9/20/15||9:00:01 pm ET on 9/20/15 - 5:59:59 am ET on 9/21/15|
|#4||9/27/15||9:00:01 pm ET on 9/27/15 - 5:59:59 am ET on 9/28/15|
4. Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):"Grand Prize": One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Grand Prize consists of the following: A 4-Day/3-Night trip, for the Grand Prize winner and one guest, to New York attend The Walking Dead Season 6 Premiere screening at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY, on October 9, 2015. Grand Prize package consists of (a) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and guest from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest to winner's home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), (b) three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations (one (1) room based on double occupancy) at a hotel of Sponsor's selection and (c) a photo taken on the red carpet with a cast member of The Walking Dead. Approximate Retail Value of of Grand Prize is $2,500 (U.S.).
The Event is currently scheduled to take place on October 9, 2015 at Madison Square Garden, NY, NY. Tickets to the Event and airline tickets are subject to the respective issuer's terms and conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for failure of the Event to occur as scheduled for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for inability to attend the Event or other inability to use the prize tickets, in which case the prize is forfeited and no substitution will be provided.
CONTENT WARNING: AN EPISODE FROM AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD TV SHOW WILL BE BROADCAST AT THE EVENT. THIS SHOW IS RATED TV-MA. THE SHOW PORTRAYS ZOMBIES AND WILL CONTAIN VIOLENT AND BLOODY SCENES THAT MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOUNG TEENS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
5. Grand Prize Conditions: All Grand Prize details, including but not limited to trip dates, are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., Photo ID, valid passport (if applicable)) at the time and place of departure, or prize may be forfeited. Actual values of Grand Prizes depend on any fluctuations in current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and the location of winners' residences. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Trips are subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of a Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, taxes, additional meals and transfers than the allowance allots for, beverages and gratuities, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize trip will be furnished with prize notification and/or further correspondence. Travel arrangements will be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in their sole discretion. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred as a consequence of a transportation cancellation/delay. If a Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the determined destination, ground transportation or a different method of transportation may be provided for such Grand Prize winner in lieu of air transportation and hotel stay, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to a Grand Prize winner if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the event. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash awards are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Sponsor will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Official Grand Prize winner for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize is accepted. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If any portion of a trip prize is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, that portion of the prize will be forfeited, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor's obligation to the winner will be deemed fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of a Grand Prize.
6. Random Drawing & Notification/Acceptance: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be held within approximately two (2) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determining the winner, and awarding of the prize. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential Grand Prize winner must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept the Grand Prize and be confirmed as an Official Grand Prize winner. Within two days after the close of the Sweepstakes, the winner will be notified by phone or email. Winner and his/her guest will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Liability, Non-Disclosure Agreement and Publicity Release (the "Required Forms"). Winner and his/her Guest must deliver the properly signed Required Forms to the Sponsor by the "Form Submittal Deadline." The "Form Submittal Deadline" means within 2 days after the date printed on notification to the winner (or the date printed on the notification to select an alternate Guest). If the winner fails to return the properly executed Required Forms to the Sponsor by the applicable Form Submittal Deadline, the winner will forfeit their Tickets and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing, time permitting. If the Guest fails to return the properly executed Required Forms to the Sponsor by the applicable Form Submittal Deadline, that winner will have one additional opportunity to invite another Guest. If, after the second invited Guest fails to timely return the property executed Required Forms to Sponsor, that winner's Guest Ticket will be forfeited. Winner and Guest will receive their Event Tickets via email within one business day after such submittal. If the Winner's Guest is less than 18 years old at the time of the Event (a "Minor"), the winner must be the parent or legal guardian of the Minor Guest or must have the written consent (using the consent form required by the Sponsor) to attend the Event from such Minor Guest's parent or legal guardian. Acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the results and proceeds of a Grand Prize winners' services hereunder and the name, voice, actual or simulated likeness and biographical information of Grand Prize winner in connection with the Sweepstakes and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
If any potential prize winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited arithmetic skill testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. If notification attempts for any potential prize winner fail for any reason, or if a potential prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such prize may be forfeited, at Sponsor's discretion, and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries from the corresponding random drawing.
7. General RulesBy entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the a Selected Winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Sponsor have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize herein. Additionally, the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant's computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sponsor is not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the airing of the codeword, notification of potential Grand Prize winner, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winners in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
9. Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
11. Winners' List: For a list of Grand Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to AMC's The Walking Dead Fan Getaway Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY, 10001