This week, TV Insider quotes George Takei in a preview of The Terror: Infamy, while Decider recommends watching Season 1. Plus, Austin 360 spotlights the show’s panel this weekend at the ATX Television Festival. Read on for more:
• Looking ahead to The Terror: Infamy, TV Insider quotes George Takei, who says of the Japanese internment camps during World War II that “some people got beat up, got crazy and psychotic. We use that in this drama. Ghost stories became very real.”
• Austin 360 highlights The Terror: Infamy panel on June 6 at the ATX Television Festival, where George Takei will participate in a “discussion that goes behind the scenes on the making of the show.”
• The Oregonian summer TV preview includes the Aug. 12 premiere of The Terror: Infamy (which “focuses on something horrifying that’s killing members of the Japanese-American community during World War II”).
• Decider recommends watching Season 1: “The show features a who’s who of venerable Brits (Jared Harris! Tobias Menzies!) as well as breathtaking production design and cinematography that makes you feel like you’re trapped in the wreckage of a 19th century Royal Navy ship in the freezing Arctic.”
• Reporting that Season 1 is now available on Hulu, Decider calls The Terror a “prestige period piece that deftly mixed existential horror with actual horror to create a viewing experience unlike anything else on cable or on streaming.”
Get updates on The Terror by signing up for the Insiders Club.Read More